Last Modified: December 14, 2020
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, e-mail address, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you create an account, take action on a cause, subscribe to a newsletter that we offer, send an email to us requesting information, or interact with us for any other purpose.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
ActionLab may use the information you provide to us for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To take action on a cause or engage with campaigns or issues;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To deliver information requested;
- To notify you of additional opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may use information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
III. INFORMATION SHARING
We may share information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- The Global Media Center for Social Impact at UCLA’s Fielding School of Public Health;
- Our vetters—issue-area experts who review the actions featured on ActionLab;
- The companies and organizations that fund and support ActionLab;
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as email service providers;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. ActionLab uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.V. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND TOOLS
Our Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.VI. YOUR CHOICES
To opt out of our e-mail marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.